MeMy name is Kris Ligman. I am the Senior Curator for Critical Distance and sometimes write for other places. Check out my About page for more.
- RT @KrisLigman: Jesus Christ Yosuke https://t.co/H2Jfm4XyKg 44 minutes ago
- RT @EsPyramid: lesson of persona 4: don't internalize your anger lesson of persona 5: externalize it instead motherfucker 1 hour ago
- RT @prozdkp: if live action lion king doesn't cast key and peele as timon and pumbaa, then it's a waste of everyone's time 1 hour ago
- RT @laevantine: Narrator voice: They didn't twitter.com/gamespot/statu… 1 hour ago
- RT @zoyander: Meanwhile, in my reading app https://t.co/Oyre8OSQ7l 1 hour ago
- RT @NoraReed: I need help finding a caring home for a difficult cat in Albuquerque, NM. Please share. (Thread.) https://t.co/40VYghfVsw 1 hour ago
- My review of Edith Finch actually covers a lot of the same ground as Ian, albeit to a more forgiving conclusion.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- Spare some thought for @zoyander who has to curate this week's Discourse for @critdistance in a few days 2 hours ago
- Who says @ibogost can't inspire great game design https://t.co/TwPZnFGhfd 4 hours ago
- Gaming (99)
- Miscellaneous (211)
- Other Media (17)
- TOTAL DISASTER (13)
- Uncategorized (1)
Tagsalexander ocias anders astronomy beautiful escape dungeoneer bioware brendan keogh carl sagan cat child of eden chocorooms christine love critical distance david gaider don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story dragon age dragon age ii dragon age origins e3 fable iii fandom film final fantasy vii flash game flOw game review gdc gender ambiguity indiecade indie game katawa shoujo kinect limbo lionhead studios littlebigplanet littlebigplanet 2 loved ludodecahedron mass effect mass effect 2 mass effect 3 media molecule minecraft mitu khandaker moderation my little pony nicolau chaud nights into dreams peter molyneux playdead press x to jason privilege religion roleplaying game rpg rpg maker 2003 rupaul's drag race sailor moon science fiction sega sexism sexuality performance skyrim social media sonic the hedgehog spec ops: the line spirituality star trek tetsuya mizuguchi thatgamecompany this is a disaster twivgb usc videogame videogame industry visual novels
Looking Forward To
Tag Archives: my little pony
Me: To leave, they need to gather the seven Elements of Exploration.
Friend: On their mission to the Horsehead Nebula.
Me: Ambition! Authority! Empathy! Honor! Curiosity! Compassion! Geekiness!
Friend: There they will summon the Great Bird of the Galaxy, which will return them home safely.
OK after today’s This Week in Game Blogging I really have to know. How many of you guys over there at CD are bronies?-anon
Hmmm, two of us, I think? I’m not sure if Eric actually considers himself a brony, though he has watched the entire series (thanks to my incessant prodding) and seems to enjoy quoting it whenever he gets the chance. The others, they haven’t really come forward with their Thoughts On Ponies one way or another. If they hate them they’re being very patient with the 1/3 of the crew that loves them.
Academics like fanvids. The Kirk/Spock “Closer” video (NSFW), “Buffy vs Edward”, “Yes We Can”. I could go on. Someday, when we (they, as I’m not sure I’ll ever dip back into this particular pool after my MA is completed) start holding History of Youtube courses, these will all be present on the curriculum. One which I’m afraid will not show up on anyone’s Powerpoint anytime soon is mmmandarinorange’s “The Stars Will Aid Her Escape (Cosmic Love)”, featured above. And that’s a crying shame, because it’s one of the most complex and intelligent fanvids I’ve ever seen. It’s no “Buffy vs Edward” deliberate critique of the patriarchy, nor “Yes We Can” levels of people power, but damn, is it smart, and shows off exactly what I like about fandom’s ability to transform and elevate its subject matter.